Pages

Random Thought Thursday

I'm beginning to think that living here in Abu Dhabi is hazardous to my health. Or at least it would appear that way.

I write this on the last leg of yet another sickness. This week, I've been miserable: coughing, sneezing, fever, chills, sore throat, no voice...the works. I honestly think I had a relapse from last week. I went to the doc last week when it first began. Doc offered two or more days off work, but I only took one. I got the meds prescribed, but I didn't take them as often as told. Then, instead of taking the 3-day weekend to rest, I went to Sri Lanka instead.

The result? Being sick this whole week. I hate being sick. I couldn't even enjoy the three days off work my doc gave me this week cos I was sick. BLEH!

I've been sick while living here more than I've ever been in my entire life. As a child & teen, on days I didn't feel like going to school, I'd wish for sickness to overtake me, but to no avail. I rarely got sick. But now? I feel like I'm always sick.

I'm told it's the change in climate: the desert...the sand. It doesn't help that they don't have filters for the vents here. So all the yuckiness floating around the air in my apt, I'm breathing in. YUCK!

Whatever it is, it's making me sick. Literally. It sure does put a dent in things.

Will I find relief? Stay tuned...

 

2 comments:

Angela Brown said...

Oh no...change of climate could certainly do that to your body. Shake everything up.

Hope you feel better soon :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you! :D