Pages

Mexican Paradise: July 15th - July 21st

This past week has basically been a relaxing week. Really, there's nothing exciting to report. I'm still enjoying myself, though.

Thursday, we went to see Hancock. Critics didn't have too many nice things to say about the movie, but I don't usually listen to them. I liked it. Sexy Will Smith saving the world from bad guys...what more could a girl ask for?






Friday, we watched Sex and the City. Didn't like it. I'm glad I didn't spend $10 to go see it in theatres (yeah, so, Cuernavaca has bootleg DVDs, but it's a lot less taboo). The only reason we watched it all was because we were hoping we'd find redeeming qualities. Needless to say, we were disappointed.







Saturday, I went to Salsa class with my sister, expecting only to watch. I guess the joke was on me. The instructor - a friend of my sis - called me out. So, I ended up taking the class. I did pretty good for a first timer...and I got a good workout, too. Yesterday, I got to watch my sis and her team lose horribly in volleyball. I realized how much I LOVE volleyball. I didn't appreciate it much in junior high, but, boy do I appreciate it now. I'm actually way better now than I was when I was younger. Today, we slept til 1 p.m. Feels so good to be just lazy for once. At home, I'm constantly moving. If I'm not working on my dissertation - which takes most of the time - I'm working on my novels. Today, no dissertation and no novels.We went downtown and walked around...did a little shopping. I'd promised my babies (nephews, godson, & foster brother and foster sister) that I'd bring something back, so gotta keep that promise.

So, I'm thinking, I have a week left. In retrospect, I didn't do some of the stuff I'd planned on doing: Edit the first 3 chapters of my dissertation; lose gobs of weight; find direction on establishing my business; rewrite first 5 chapters of my 2nd novel. Dissertation: I did finish the edit of chapter 1, so all is not lost; Weight: I don't know if I've lost pounds, but I know I've lost inches. I brought a pair of capris (from home) that were originally tight (in hopes of losing weight) and now, they actualy fit nicely. Business: Still working on it; Novel: Didn't get as far as I'd hoped, but more ideas came to me about where I want it to go.

In all honesty, I'm not disappointed. It's like my body and brain worked together to tell me to just enjoy my time here. Every time I tried to work on my dissertation, my brain just froze and refused to work. If I tried to force myself to think, I'd get a headache. My body needed the rest, and that's exactly what I've been doing. So, the anal perfectionistic overachiever in me isn't too happy that I didn't get work done. But, there's a part of me that is thanking God for forcing me to enjoy myself and allowing me to take the time to breathe. I'll be coming back to the States refreshed and ready to go!

Oh, and we might be going back to Acapulco, tomorrow and Wednesday. Stay tuned...

 

0 comments: