Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"...the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

Rae's Thought: As a child, I used to be terrified of Satan. I thought he was this big, evil dude, who enjoyed preying on those who love God. I was terrified of him because I thought he could mess with my soul. In my young mind, if he attacked me, I'd be powerless against him.

It took growing up in Christ for me to see how wrong I was about Satan. I've realized that the children of God shouldn't be afraid of Satan; he should be afraid of us...or what's inside of us, rather. We are forces to be reckoned with when it comes to Satan and his evil ways, and it has absolutely nothing to do with us. Why? Why should Satan be leery of messing with us? Because of who we belong to. We're children of God and, as such, we have something within us that is more powerful than Satan can ever hope to be: Jesus (Holy Spirit), the #1 most effective weapon against Satan.

Satan cannot mess with our souls - they belong to God - but he can mess with our minds. When he's inside our heads, we feel defeated - powerless - and we listen to the lies he tells. We're giving the enemy too much power. We've got to stop listening to every lie that spews from his mouth. We've got to realize and believe that we do have power...the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not powerless against the father of lies nor are we defeated. Satan can try to trip us up, but, if we focus on and trust in God, Satan will not succeed. Aren't you tired of Satan? Aren't you tired of giving him the power he doesn't deserve? Aren't you tired of living a defeated, powerless life? Then stop cowering in fear, look to God, and know that you have the power of the Holy Spirit within you. Now, grab hold of that power and start living an abundant life in the Lord!

 

0 comments: