Pages

Random Thoughts Thursday

I am just in shock. Michael Jackson, gone. Wow. I'm just...wow. I'm saddened by this news. The only other time(s) I felt the loss of a celeb was when Aaliyah died (still feeling that loss, even 8 years after her death) and Bernie Mac. While I am not crying, as I'm sure millions of people around the world are doing (I did cry when Aaliyah died), I am sad. He's gone. He's really gone.

I hope and pray that #1, people remember him for what he's done for music and entertainment, not for his troubles toward the end, and #2, he's finally found the peace he's obviously been searching for. Despite the troubles he's had in the past, you can't take away from the fact that he was one of the best entertainers of his time. I mean, come on. Beat It. Billie Jean. Thriller...the list goes on. Not to mention the hits from Jackson 5.

I remember when I was little, I had a serious crush on MJ. My crush wilted away (for obvious reasons), but the fact that Michael is one of my fave entertainers did not. More than his music, I loved watching him perform. His dancing...magnificent. Oh how I wanted to be one of the dancers in his videos or on tour. Alot of the performers today, if they were really honest with themselves, can attribute their moves to Michael Jackson. Their performances have MJ written all over it. Justin Timberlake, Usher, Chris Brown, and many more. Even some of Ciara's moves mirror the King of Pop (but on a more feminine and updated way).

His videos were awesome. My favorite Michael Jackson song and video of all time is not Thriller, but Smooth Criminal. I love absolutely EVERYTHING about that song...the track, the beat, the dance moves...I'm absolutely crazy about this song. I'm not the only one, am I? Despite the fact that he'd already started changing, I loved him in Smooth Criminal...like, really, with him dressed in white, hat tilted down, his smooth moves. In spite of his high-water pants & white socks, Michael was sexy in Smooth Criminal. After seeing this video, I secretly wished I could grow up to become Mrs. MJ (oh, come on, I'm not the only girl in the world who had that kind of a crush on him).

Michael Jackson's death (it's just really weird saying that) ends this week of death and sadness. Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett are gone, too. *sigh* In honor of the King of Pop, one of the best entertainers I've ever seen, here's Smooth Criminal. RIP Michael.

 

1 comments:

Karen Strong said...

It is still a shock for me. I remember being in my dorm room watching the premiere for that video. We were so stoked! I'm just sad that he didn't get to perform again. RIP Michael.