Pages

2010

OK, so I'm still on hiatus, but I'm definitely excited about where my blog is going in 2010. New things planned, but I'll blog about that later (January 1st). So, my main purpose of posting today is to say that I've decided to buckle down and join the 2010 Debut Author Challenge. This just means I vow to read (and review) a certain amount of books from YA/MG authors debuting next year.

The Story Siren


I don't have a complete list of TBR, but here are a few:

  • The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting
  • A Match Made in High School by Kristen Walker
  • The Dark Devine by Bree Despain
  • The Mark by Jen Nadol
  • Eighth-Grade Superzero by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich
  • The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
  • Princess For Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
  • Escape From Camp David by Dee Garretson
  • The Unidentified by Rae Mariz
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Kidnapped by Yxta Maya Murray
  • The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell
  • Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

This is my list so far. I'm sure there will be more books as I LOVE to read. I'm especially looking for more debut authors of color, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them! See you in 2010!

 

5 comments:

Kay Cassidy said...

Thank you so much for including The Cinderella Society in your challenge reading, Rae! Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

No problem, Kay! It looks and sounds like it's gonna be good. Love your website, by the way! Happy holidays to you too.

the story siren said...

YAY! Thanks for joining the challenge! It’s going to be so much fun! And you’ve got a great list of books! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Thank you for having the challenge. Looking forward to reading!

Mrs. Pilkington said...

Thanks so much for including SUPERZERO! Happy reading, and happy holidays!