Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said."
Luke 1:38

Rae's Thought: I am at a point in my life where I'm standing on the cusp of a new change...a change that will more than likely take me in a completely different direction. I know God wants to use me in ways I've never imagined, but for a while, fear has held me back. It's like I'm standing on the roof of one building and God is on the roof of the building across from me, beckoning me to come to Him. I'm paralyzed with fear because all I see is open space between us with the streets below. What if I fall? How am I going to get there?

I love the story of Mary, the mother of Jesus. She was an ordinary girl - nothing particularly special about her - yet God used her for such an extraordinary thing. When the angel of God told her what God had planned for her, did she refuse? No. Did she run away in fear? Nope. She said, "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said" (Luke 1:38). What a brave, powerful statement for such a young girl. I wonder what was going through her mind at the time. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say she was frightened, especially since she was so young (couldn't have been more than 14 years old). Yet she was brave enough to trust God completely and allow Him to use her in a major way. I can learn a lot from this young girl. I so want her bravery!

Francesca Battistelli has a song called "I'm Letting Go" that describes where I'm at right now.

  • (Verse 1) My heart beats, standing on the edge, but my feet have finally left the ledge. Like an acrobat, there’s no turning back. (Chorus) I’m letting go Of the life I planned for me And my dreams. Losing control Of my destiny. Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe. So I’m letting go. (Verse 2) This is a giant leap of faith. Trusting and trying to embrace The fear of the unknown, Beyond my comfort zone. Giving in to your gravity Knowing You are holding me. I’m not afraid.

Let's go back to the roof, shall we? Remember, I'm on one building and God is on the other, telling me to come to Him. I have two choices: refuse or listen. I can refuse to take the risk and remain safe in my own little world. Yes, I'd be safe, but would I really be happy? I don't think I would. And I'd probably end always wondering, "what if." Or, I can listen to God and take a chance on Him. I'd still be safe and I'd not only get to experience happiness, but I'd also experience true joy. There is open space between us and the streets are below, but all I have to do is focus on Him, not below me...not even behind me. As I take each step, His hand will hold me up. Add to that the excitement that'll come along with it and I've made my choice...I'm taking that step. I'm risking all for God. I'm letting fear go. Like Francesca said, I'm letting go. Like Mary, I'm telling God, "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." I've asked God to make the rest of my life be an adventure in Him and I'm so ready for it. Are you with me? Well buckle up and get ready for the best ride of your life!

 

0 comments: