Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"Look, God is greater than we can understand...We can't even imagine the greatness of his power."
Job 36:26; 37:5b

Rae's Thought: Try as you might, you will never be able to imagine the total greatness of God. No one will. Even the smartest, most brilliant minds won't be able to imagine His vastness. The truth is, God is way bigger than our human minds can think of. He's immeasurable. There isn't even a word in our vocabulary to describe how big He is. Big, huge, even ginormous don't even come close.

A few years ago, Louie Giglio, pastor and founder of the Passion Movement, spoke on God's vastness. In his DVD, How Great is Our God - a MUST see, by the way - he names a few of our universe's large stars. The largest star, VY Canis Majoris, is so large, it would take about 70 quadrillion (70,000,000,000,000,000) Earths to fill it up. And that's just the largest known star. Can you imagine something that big? Yet, God is bigger than that. I mean, He's the one who created the VY Canis Majoris along with our universe.

Mind-boggling isn't it?

When we try to fit God into the mold we made, we box Him in, making Him small. This god, the boxed-in god, is limited. He can only do what our minds allow him to do. But God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob...Father of Jesus...creator of everything...my God is bigger than the largest star in the universe. And He's limitless. I don't know about you, but I enjoy worshipping a God whose vastness boggles the mind; One who I can't figure out and when I think I've figured Him out, He does something to prove me wrong; One who's vastness is unimaginable. This God, the One I serve, is capable of handling my biggest problems. This God, the One I serve, can take care of the world 24/7 without growing tired. This God, the One I serve, can send His Son to die for the sins of the man and raise His Son from the dead, defeating both death and Satan in a single bound. This God, the One I serve, is able "through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20). That's the kind of God I serve.

I think it's about time we stop trying to figure God out and just let Him be God. Don't you?

 

0 comments: