Pages

Random Thoughts Thursday

So about 2 years ago, I came up with a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 35 (Rae's List). Clearly, I'll be 35 next year (Yikes!!!) and haven't really crossed much off the list. Sooo, I'm updating my list and making it a list of things to do before I turn 40...which - not that I really wanna think about turning 40 - but will happen in 6 years (Yikes!!!). This gives me 6 years to concentrate on crossing things off my list. I think the fun comes with trying to do each thing. Of course, I'd love to get married and have a child before I'm 40, but that's not my call. That's all on God. BUT, I'm putting it on my list. I'll update every few months and blog about my progress. For most of the things on my list, it's not that I'm afraid to do it or don't have the time. It's that I don't have the funds to do it. I'm not worried though. Let's see how much I can cross off in 6 years, 6 months, and 24 days. Ready? Set? GO!

Updated List:

  • Become Dr. Rae Weakly, EdD
  • Get counseling license
  • Sky dive
  • Para sail
  • Jet ski
  • Swim w/dolphins
  • Bungee jump
  • Cliff dive
  • Stay in a hotel (or beach house) on the beach
  • Stay in a resort
  • Stay in an expensive hotel for at least one night without worrying about price
  • Learn Spanish - be able to hold conversation with native speakers & my sister
  • Learn a 3rd language (Portuguese, Italian, French, or Japanese)
  • Learn to play acoustic guitar
  • Shake hands w/a celebrity
  • Become a published author
  • Fall in love
  • Get married
  • Have a child
  • Travel to other countries/cities/states - Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Brazil, Holy Land, St. Thomas Virgin Islands, Italy, Spain, Japan, Cuba, Columbia, Tahiti, Philippines, Virginia, Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Phoenix, Jamaica
  • Become owner of THRIVING business, AYM Enrichment Center
  • Learn to belly dance
  • Learn to Salsa
  • Take Hip Hop class
  • Get a professional makeover
  • Go to a spa
  • Get 3rd tattoo
  • Ride a motorcycle
  • Take kickboxing class
  • Fly first class
  • Have at least one of my novels optioned for film
  • Wear shorts in public *NOTE* When I wrote this 2 years ago, I hadn't worn shorts in 12 years cos I was self-conscious about my legs. Still kinda self conscious, but I have worn shorts since I added this to the list. Yay me!
  • Wear a daring (yet tasteful) dress
  • Start research on what makes other countries' educational system work & what America can do to catch up
  • Comfortably wear a swimsuit without cover (no shirt over it...no beach pants to cover my legs, etc)
  • Participate in a walkathon
  • Run a mile
  • Go white-water rafting
  • Learn how to ski
  • Try a fruity alcoholic drink: Had a margarita...pretty good!
  • Sing at a karaoke bar
  • Learn sign language
  • Become debt free
  • Buy first house
  • Buy my Escalade EXT
  • Approach an attractive guy (if only for conversation. Even @ 33, I clam up around cute guys)
  • Attend a Superbowl game
  • Go to an awards show
  • Get nose pierced
  • Climb the Statue of Liberty
  • Eat @ an expensive restaurant: Did this for my birthday, thanks to my friend!
  • Set up a foundation for kids
  • Become a motivational speak/mentor for young girls/teen girls
  • Play basketball without dying
  • Buy my parents their dream house
  • Spend a whole day doing absolutely nothing (take a me-day): Had my 1st "me-day" early last year...have had several since then.
  • Donate a substantial amount of $ for a worthy cause
  • Learn how to play piano
  • Plan a camp for girls and/or creative kids
  • Experience Las Vegas (or Atlantic City) gambling once
  • Research both sides of my family. We have a whole side of French and Native American (my great great grandparents on both sides) ancestors that I know nothing about. I also want to research our ancestors who were slaves.
  • Read the whole Bible, from Genesis to Revelation
  • Lose @ least 50 pounds and work to stay @ ideal weight (ideal in MY mind...not society's)

 

0 comments: