Pages

Wannabe Writers #39

Wannabe Writers is a writing group for the un-published started by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-published. It's a place where future authors can ask questions, share stories, and get feedback. Interested in joining? Click here to find more about how it works.

Where I am in the writing process: Unpublished...revising novel #1 (tentively The Incredibly Rocky Life of Zachary Barnes) and writing novel #2 (tentively Who's Got Tha Moves).

My current problem(s): No big problems. Just trying to work on plotting. I've got the characters down as well as the situation. I'm trying to work on the plot/goal/motivation in Who's Got Tha Moves. I'm also trying to decide whether or not I want to keep a certain element in TIRLZB or change it into something else. That something else would require me to make significant amount of changes. Need to figure out which element would make the story better.

My question this week: Is everyone participating in NaNo? I'm not sure if I am. I guess I should make up my mind since I only have a week left to decide. If I participate, I think I'll do it as a NaNo rebel, where I can bend the rules a little bit. I'll more than likely participate. My NaNo name is creativeangel, if you'd like to buddy me!

 

6 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

I am participating in NaNo this year for the first time (DreamyCowgirl). I am hoping to get things together this week so I will be prepared. Good luck with writing/editing this week!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Same to you. I'm also hoping I can get prepared this week.

Hayley said...

I'm participating as a rebel, too...looking to finish my current WIP :)

I've done it 3 or 4 times before...only won once, but every other time I've written between 25,000-30,000 words, which is nothing to complain about :)

amber d* said...

I'm also doing NaNoWriMo too. It makes me nervous but at the same time I'm excited to see what's going to happen. If you join up, my username is: sammyjones57 on the site :)

Miranda Hardy said...

Rae, I have to tell you that you got me addicted to Netgalley. I'm hooked now! Thanks for sharing. It's exciting to read up and coming books ahead of time.

amber d* said...

I'm doing NaNo too! Good luck with your editing! One of my writing buddies say it's best to do it while eating Oreo's or any other chocolate goodness junk lol