Pages

Wannabe Writers #37

Wannabe Writers is a writing group for the un-published started by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-published. It's a place where future authors can ask questions, share stories, and get feedback. Interested in joining? Click here to find more about how it works.

Where I am in the writing process: Still writing Who's Got The Moves (aka novel #2). I haven't worked on it this week...no good reason, just haven't. I am participating in a mentor thing online that the online writing group I belong to is doing. I love it. The author that's mentoring me has given me some good stuff to look at in order to make WGTM better. Since I'm only on chapter 2, I think I can go back and incorporate her ideas. I'm excited!

My current problem(s): I am in need of a critique partner or critique group. I had one, but life got in the way and everybody had to bow out. Things didn't work out with the critique partner I had. I need a second pair of eyes to look at my writing (both novel #1 and novel #2).

My question this week: Does anyone know of good critique groups I may be able to join? If you know any that meet in Houston, that would be even better, but I'll be happy with online groups, also. Is there any place I can find a critique partner?

 

7 comments:

Witless Exposition said...

Have you tried checking Meetup.com? I was able to find a group the meets in real life here in San Antonio. I bet there's several in a city as large as Houston. I'm not sure what genre you write in, but I'd be happy to take a look. Good luck!

amber d* said...

I found your blog via the Wannabee Writers group. I don't know of any groups. Are you singed up for NaNoWriMo? I've found a few critique partners there before.

Unknown said...

I haven't tried meetup.com yet, but I'll definitely look into it. Amber, first of all, welcome! :D Thanks for stopping by. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do NaNo, but I'll definitely look into that also! Thanks for the suggestions!

Danielle said...

Hi, I found your blog from wannabe writers. I love the title and your background, so cute!

Unknown said...

Hi Danielle! *waves* Thanks! Zoe at Chic and Sassy Designs (chicsassydesigns.blogspot.com) designed my background. I definitely recommend her...low and affordable! Welcome!

Miranda Hardy said...

Hi Rae! I belong to a group here locally that I found on meetup. I also found some great partners on writer digest forums. Go take a look there.

Unknown said...

Thanks, JL! I'm planning on looking on meetup.com this week. Ido belong to a writers group who meets once a month, but we haven't been doing critiques. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!