Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"This is why God has given him an exceptional honor - the name honored above all other names - so that at the name of Jesus everyone in heaven, on earth, and in the world below, will kneel and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Philippians 2:9-11 (GWT)

Rae's Thought: I love my name. Raenice (pronounced Ray-niece). It's different...sets me apart. There aren't too many women with my name. Makes me feel special. Even with the uniqueness of my name, it doesn't hold any power. Call my name and all that you'll get is me answering.

Oh, but there is a name "honored above all other names." At the name of Jesus, things happen. Sick are healed. Demons tremble. Ungodly bonds are broken. The confused are given wisdom. Circumstances are worked out. That name holds so much power! I don't think we truly understand how much power. If we did, we wouldn't say it in vain. We'd reverence it and hold it in high regard.

According to the Bible, there will be a day when, at the name of Jesus, every single created being - angels, demons, or humans; dead or alive; believer or nonbeliever - will bow before Him and confess that He is Lord. Awesome, isn't it? All will bow before Him.

One of my favorite worship songs is Revelation Song. Both Kari Jobe and the group, Phillips Craig and Dean, have beautiful versions of this song. The chorus says, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty who was, and is, and is to come. With all creation I sing: Praise to the King of Kings. You are my everything, and I will adore You!" So. Beautiful.

He is my everything. I am so in love with my Lord, the Lover of my soul. I absolutely adore Him! I cannot imagine life without Him. When I'm feeling low, all I have to say is, "Jesus" and I'll get a sense of peace that only He can give. He died for me. Do you know how awesome that is? He gave His life so that I won't spend eternity in Hell, but in Heaven with Him. He loves me...cherishes me...adores me. He thinks of me every day and night. I. Am. His. Child. I mean, can yall feel me? Do you see why I'm in love with Him? Do you see why I'd spend eternity worshipping Him? Do you see why I'm all about Him...not the world? How many people love me like God does? How many people would give their life for me - knowing that I'd sin over and over again - like Jesus did? NO ONE. No one loves me like Him. I praise You, Father! I adore You, Father! You are the air I breathe! I love You more than life itself!

Every time I hear the Revelation Song, I envision all of God's creation reverencing the name of Jesus. Not only God's most cherished beings (humans), but ALL of creation: animals bowing; trees waving; sun shining brightly; stars twinkling; every human singing praises, etc. The picture I have in my head just gives me goosebumps. I leave you with Phillips Craig and Dean's version of the Revelation Song.

 

0 comments: