Pages

Anti-Saggiing Laws

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that the sagging pants trend is not cute...at least to me it isn't. What's so "hot" about a male walking in public with his underwear showing?

Boxers, tighty whities, drawers - whatever you call it - were meant to be worn under the clothes...invisible to the public. Clearly, that's why they're called underwear. Sagging pants don't work for the infamous (and steroetypical) plumber, and it doesn't work for anyone else - regardless of race and gender. Especially since it originated in the prisons...sagging pants was a way to show homosexuality.

Now, with that being said, I will also admit that I'm against the anti-sagging laws. Cities all across the country are working to make this trend against the law. What? I agree it's sloppy and sometimes disrespectful (I mean, come on, you're in a public place with your pants around your knees), but, against the law? The fines, I get - I seriously do not like the sagging pants trend - but did you know in some cities, offenders could get up to 6 months in jail? 6 months in jail?!?! It really isn't that serious.

In my opinion, if these law makers are going to dictate what we wear (and, that is kind of what they're doing), then don't just target one group of people. What about the women who wear skirts and dresses so short that their underwear shows? Or the celebs who wear revealing dresses? Or, how about people who wear clothes so tight, you can see the outline of their private area? Ooh, I have an idea, why don't we make it against the law to wear all black (unless at a funeral) because it's downright depressing for others to look at (hope you didn't miss my sarcasm here).

 

0 comments: