Pages

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasure: something one considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it (Wikipedia).

The other day, while enjoying an episode of Suite Life of Zack and Cody, I got to thinking about things that I enjoy a little more than I really should...my guilty pleasures. Truthfully, I don't feel guilty for enjoying these things (well, except for one - more on that later). My attitude is: "Yeah, I like it. So what!" Or in Spanish, it's "Y que" (And what). It's just that people may look at me funny for liking this stuff (again, I say, "y que"). So, here's my list:

1. Disney Channel: I'm seriously addicted to Disney. You can always find me enjoying Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life, etc. And let's not even talk about the fact that I know most of the words to the theme songs.

2. I Kissed a Girl: This song by Kate Perry, is seriously addictive. Although I'm not into the girl-on-girl thing, I find myself singing along. The track is hot, what can I say?

3. Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus: My taste in music varies. It just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Latin, Country...the list goes on. Added to my playlist is Burnin' Up by Jonas Brothers and 7 Things by Miley Cyrus. I don't go screaming like a crazed fanatic when I see or hear them (which would be oddly disturbing since I'm 32 and they're, like, 15-21). I just like their music.

4. Erotic Novels: So, this is the one that I sometimes feel guilty for liking. I mean, I'm a "good girl" and a "good girl" shouldn't be reading that kind of filth, right? *rolls eyes* Whatever. While erotic novels are not my fave type of books to read, I do enjoy reading them...as long as they're tasteful (there are some raunchy ones out there). I love Zane's novels.

5. Phone Games: I'm totally addicted to playing the games on my phone. I play when I wake up and before I go to bed...not to mention the bagillion (I know - not a word) of times I play in between. It's sort of calming for me - just like coloring. Playing my games soothe me. Don't ask why.

6. Fragrances: You may wonder how can fragrances be a guilty pleasure. Believe me, when you're as obsessed with it as I am, it becomes one of those pleasures. I'm not one who has just one fragrance. Nope. My perfume matches my mood. I can seriously do some damage to my finances if I go shopping for perfume. And if I come across a man who smells good, my nose is automatically drawn to him. I remember a time when I had to keep myself from laying my head on the shoulder of a man sitting next to me in church. I couldn't even concentrates because he smelled sooooo good (and looked good too).

7. Books: Why a guilty pleasure? I'm obsessed with books. I LOVE to read. Seriously, I could spend a whole day reading and finish 5+ books before I go to bed. Wanna know something crazy? I have more than 50 books on my shelf that I've yet to read. Some of them I bought last summer, but ended up putting them on the back burner because I checked other books out at the library and read the library books first. And I still have a "must read" list waiting for me.

8. Tinkerbell: Yeah, so I know I'm a little too old to be into Tinkerbell. I have pens & bags...was just eyeing cute Tinkerbell checks, too (if I had a checking account, I'd already have the checks).

9. Stationary: Another obsession. I can't go through the school supply section at stores without getting the urge to buy spiral notebooks, pens, crayons, markers, mechanical pencils, or pencil bags. Even now, I have a box of unused spirals (decorative) that I refuse to give away. And the fam knows to stay away from Rae's pens and pencils. Sometimes, I get a pen/pencil that matches my spiral. Did I mention that I'm slightly OCD? Good thing I'm not the only one obsessed with stationary. My dad, mom, and sis are too.

10. Bags: Yep, you guessed it - yet another obsession. Just like stationary. Backpacks, messenger bags, bags with wheels, totes. If the design attracts me, I want it.

Sadly, there are more, but I don't want to overwhelm y'all. Maybe another post. Do I sound crazy? Maybe. Do I care. Not really. So, what are your guilty pleasures?

 

0 comments: