Pages

Inspirational Sunday (on Tuesday)

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure everything on your own."
Proverbs 3: 5 (The Message)

Rae's Thought: This past Sunday, I watched as my sister played a little game with her Sunday school class. This game tested the students to see how much they trusted her to catch them. When it was their turn, they were to stand in front of my sister with their back facing her. When she said go, they spread their arms wide and fell straight back. Looking back or taking a step backwards meant they didn't trust her to catch them. She'd continually reassure them, saying she's got them, yet some still failed to trust her.

While watching this, I thought of the many times God has told me, "I got you, Rae" yet I still failed to trust Him. I'd either end up looking back by worrying myself sick, wondering if God will really take care of me, or I'd take a step backwards by attempting to take matters into my own hands, which would only make things worse.

God has told us many times in the Bible -including in today's passage- that we need to trust Him. He's continually reassuring us, saying, "I got you", yet it's so easy for us to worry or try to handle things on our own. Every time we look back or take a step backwards, we're not helping matters...we're actually making things worse. Jesus asks, in Matthew 6:27, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" Tell me, what good does worrying do? Can you name some pros of worrying? Nope. Now, can you name some cons? I can: headaches, ulcers, sickness, high blood pressure, grouchiness, fatigue, lack of sleep, lack of peace...the list goes on.

I think of it this way: I collect dolls. They are one of my most prized possessions. When I was able to display them, I took very good care of my dolls. If I saw them getting dusty, I'd wipe the dust off; I made sure their hair was shiny and I straightened their clothes when needed. I found delight in taking care of them.

God loves us SO much. We are His children...His babies. If He takes care of His other creations, will He not take care of us - His most cherished creation? He finds delight in taking care of and providing for us. In knowing this, we can look forward, spread our arms wide, and fall back into His arms, trusting and believing that, no matter what our situations look like, GOD'S GOT US.

 

0 comments: