Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me."
Psalm 23:4

Rae's Thought: One day, as I walked to the park with my 4 year-old sister, she worried about getting hit by a car. I took her hand and assured her that she was safe. I told her that I walked near the curb so I could protect her from the danger of getting hit. In spite of my assurances, she worried all the way to the park, sure that a car would jump past me and get her. She didn't feel completely safe until we got to our destination.

Later, it crossed my mind that the children of God are just like my sis. We go through life, worried about getting hit by life's hardships. Even when God takes us by the hand and assures us we're safe, we're still filled with fear. Why? Because we allow Satan to fill our minds with doubt...doubt that God will take care of us; doubt that He knows what's best for us. We have an easier time believing the father of lies than we do the One who is the absolute Truth.

Jesus didn't sacrifice His life just to do it. His death and resurrection means we can live our lives free from fear. He's walking near the curb of life in order to protect us from the danger of getting hit. He is our protection. We have no reason to go through life scared and afraid. Fear is like a black hole, sucking everything in til there's nothing left. God didn't intend for us to live in fear; He intended for us to live in abundance. Why can I walk through the darkest valley with no fear? Because God is right there by my side. I'm ready to leave fear behind and step out in faith. What about you?

 

0 comments: