Pages

Best Books of 2008

So, this post is about the best books I read this year. Judging from my 'Books I've Read in 2008' list, I've read over 75 books...actually, far more than that cuz I didn't list every book I've read. In case you can't tell, I LOVE to read...like, really. Like, when my family went on our family walking trips (I was in junior high/high school), I'd always bring a book with me to read while I walked. Like, I'd be absolute HEAVEN just losing myself in the world created by the author. I'm crazy about reading. I guess it's fitting that I become an author myself, right?

Anyway, I've read some really awesome books this year - the kind where, even after I've finished, I wonder about the characters or what would happen if... I've decided to list my top 25 books of the past year. This list is as varied as my taste in books. I have fantasy, romance, YA, middle grade, picture, etc. Without further ado, my fave books of 2008...

Top 30 Books (Not in any particular order)


  • Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (YA) by Stephanie Hale

  • Twisted Sisters (YA) by Stephanie Hale

  • The Samurai Girl series (YA) by Carrie Asai

  • It's Not About the Accent (YA) by Caridad Ferrer

  • Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man (Mystery/Romance) by Claudia Mair Burney

  • Skin (Thriller) by Ted Dekker
  • The Island (Mystery/Romance) by Heather Graham

  • The Uglies trilogy (YA/Sci Fi) by Scott Westerfeld

  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (YA) by Ally Carter

  • The Kayla Chronicles (MG/YA) by Sherri Winston

  • Braless in Wonderland (YA) by Debbie Reed Fischer

  • Lady in Waiting: Developing Your Love Relationships (Inspiration) by Jackie Kendall, Debby Jones

  • Lilah's List (Romance) by Robyn Amos

  • Kill Me First (Thriller) by Kate Morgenroth

  • The Squad: Killer Spirit & The Squad: Perfect Cover (YA) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

  • Rapunzel's Revenge (YA/Graphic Novel) by Shannon & Dean Hale

  • When the Black Girl Sings (YA) by Bil Wright

  • Oh.My.Gods. (YA) by Tera Lynn Childs

  • Airhead (YA) by Meg Cabot

  • Coming Undone (Romance) by Stephanie Tyler

  • The Pirates of Underwhere series (MG) by Bruce Hale

  • How to Salsa in a Sari (YA) by Dona Sarkar

  • A Guilty Affair (Romance) by Maureen Smith

  • Grafitti Girl (YA) by Kelly Parra

  • The Companions Quartet (MG) by Julia Golding

  • Platinum (YA) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

  • Playing With Boys: A Novel (Chicklit/Romance) by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez

  • Sofi Mendoza's Guide to Getting Lost in Mexico (YA) by Malin Alegria

  • Wicked Lovely (YA/Fantasy) by Melissa Marr

  • Tennis Anyone (Picture Book) by Shane Mcg

Looking at my TBR (To Be Read) list for next year, I see I'm going to have crazy fun reading. If you have any suggestions for good books to read, please feel free to make them. I'm always open to reading good books, no matter what the genre is. My fave genres, though, are Romance, YA, MG, picture book, Mystery, and Thriller/Suspense. Here's to happy reading in 2009!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list. I've read some of the books on there, but not all. I'll definitely have to add those to my 2009 reading list!

Julie Wright said...

love this list. I've read most of the books on here and really enjoyed them.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments. The books were awesome.

Happy New Year to ya'll!