Pages

Random Thoughts Thursday...on Saturday

I know I'm 2 days late; couldn't be helped; didn't have computer access, hence, my Random Thoughts post on Saturday. Oh the day when I'll be able to afford my own laptop (soon, I'm hoping...like for Christmas, maybe)! Anyway, on to my thoughts - which, really, I haven't thought much about anything but work and my dissertation. Here are the few extra thoughts I've had:

Obama 'Haters'. Oh how I wish people would stop 'hatin' on Obama. For those who don't know, a hater is A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person (urbandictionary.com). Newsflash: HE WON! He's gonna be our 44th president. The people of America have spoken. Sheesh! Leave the man alone. People need to focus on how to make America even better rather than how to stop the next pres from being pres. I guess I can look at this from a positive angle: All this opposition will only make PRESIDENT Obama and his family stronger & Lord knows this country needs someone strong....

December. YAY, IT'S DECEMBER!!!! December is my favorite month. I LOVE this time of year. It's awesome...it's fun...it's beautiful...it's magical. The decorations, the caroling, the giving...I love it all. And it's Jesus' birthday (the celebrated day, at least). It's the best. I'm like a big kid during this time.

I remember when I was younger, we used to go caroling in the neighborhoods (before people started getting all freaked out about the whole religion thing). I loved doing it, and I miss it. My sis and I were just talking about how & where we can sing carols without offending people. Our neighborhood has a mixture of religions. On one corner, we have a Muslim mosque. Across the street from that, a 7th Day Adventist church is being built. Our church (Christian...Baptist) is next to the Adventist church and next to ours is another Baptist church. That doesn't include the 2 Baptist churches right around the corner, the other Muslim mosque down the street, and the Jehovah's Witness church about 2 minutes away. I'm not sure we can go caroling without offending anyone. And you can't carol without songs like Silent Night, Joy to the World, and O Holy Night...all talking about Jesus. Maybe we can carol at a children's hospital - spread a little Christmas cheer. I don't know. All I do know is THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR! Happy holidays to EVERYONE.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're so excited for the holidays! But bummer that you have to be so careful about where you can carol.

Unknown said...

Yes it's a bummer, but I still love this season! :)