Author: Artist Arthur
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Release: January, 2011
Description:Sometimes being an outsider is the best way to fit in…
Sasha Carrington has grown up feeling like an outsider, and her parents are too concerned with scaling the Lincoln, Connecticut, social ladder to even notice her. They’d be really horrified to know about the supernatural abilities Sasha and her friends Krystal and Jake possess. But as part of the Mystyx, Sasha has found her place.
Now her parents have suddenly taken an interest in everything she does, and their timing couldn’t be worse. Sasha’s father wants her to become BFFs with snooty Alyssa Turner, who hates Krystal for stealing her boyfriend. Then there’s Antoine Watson, the boy Sasha has liked forever, the boy her parents would never approve of. But with the dark side getting more dangerous by the day, and the Mystyx’s own powers growing in unexpected ways, Sasha is facing choices that could affect her friends, her love life—and even her destiny…
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
- There are a few questions that remain unanswered. I assume they will be answered before the series ends, tho.
WHAT I LIKED
- Sasha was rich, but she didn't behave like a spoiled rich girl. She wasn't a snob, like her fellow rich teens.
- Sasha was a strong character...not easily swayed by her wealth.
- It was a little better read than Manifest.
- Again, I love the multicultural cast.
Mystify is another quick read. I'm definitely looking forward to book #3, Mayhem.