Pages

NaNoWriMo Week 1 Wrap-Up

The end of NaNo week 1 has come. You want to know how many words I've written? 70! No, not 70,000. Just...70. Sad, isn't it? I came into NaNo with high hopes. I wanted to write a chapter a day. Little did I know, I'd have a busy week. By the end of the day, I was too tired to do anything this week. Needless to say, this week was a bust.

BUT, I'm not giving up. It just means that starting today, in order to catch up, I'd have to write 2 chapters a day, til next Saturday.

Something good did good did come out of this week (besides our new president-elect): a new story idea - or at least a new character. The teen daughter of the first African American president. I know one of President Obama's daughters is 7 and the other will be 9 next year. What if the children were teens? Being the child of a pres is stress enough, but the child of the first black pres...yeah, that's a book. I know I won't be the only one with this kind of character, but, I'll be adding my voice to the story...putting my own twist to the story.

Happy writing!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tracked my writing for NaNo last year. I was a slow starter and took a vacation at Thanksgiving. I only spent 17 days actually WRITING, and still managed to "win."

Good luck, Rae.

Write, write, write.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Amy! It's good to know us slow starters can still win!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog and articles, very fun and useful...

Unknown said...

Thank you! Glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

I believe you are a Great writer!And your blog is very beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kevin.