Pages

Random Thoughts Thursday

Barack Obama's Historical Win. My feelings in one word? YAY! For those who doubted that America would ever vote an African American man into office, this election has clearly knocked that doubt out the park. He didn't just win...he won by a landslide. It's so amazing that I'm living to see this day. I mean, this is big! Like put-it-in-the-history-books big! And inspiring. I know Obama ran into naysayers: "A black president? Ain't happening!" But he kept on. He had his race and inexperience going against him, but he kept going. I'll be sending prayers up to heaven for him and his fam. And the fact that people who'd never voted before came out in droves...amazing! This election was just an awesome thing to watch. Yes, I cried when it was announced that Obama was our new President-elect. I thought of all the pioneers who fought hard and died for a time like this. My grandmother, who died last year, would've LOVED this. Martin Luther King would've LOVED this. They all would've LOVED this. I pray that Obama does what he said he'd do. I know it'll probably take more than 4 years to bring America out of the whole, but I look forward to the change that Obama may bring! And may I say, I think Michelle Obama will make an exceptional first lady.

Nebraska Safe Haven Law. Since this law came into play, more than half of the children left at the hospitals have been teens. I know some teens can be a handful, and some parents are probably at their wits end. I don't know. Abandonment? I can't even think of the words to say.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_on_re_us/safe_haven;_ylt=AlTU_xYhzLMnA4Cdxf4ij6txieAA.

Dancing With The Stars. Last 2 standing? Brooke and Warren. I love watching Warren dance!

Latin Grammys. Waaaaaaaaaaaa! I wanted to be at the Latin Grammys! It's here in Houston and I couldn't go. *SIGH* And we'd heard where the stars will hang out, but we couldn't remember where...not that we would've been able to afford to go. Being broke sucks!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good article, i like it...

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kaylee! :)