Pages

Notes

Inspirational Sunday will return next Sunday.

Superbowl. OMG that game had me at the edge of my seat. The Cardinals did their thang, but YAY STEELERS. How 'bout James Harrison's 100 yd touchdown! Beautiful! I can still see it in my head. Poor baby needed to use an oxygen mask afterwards, but I'd say it was worth it. The longest run in Superbowl history...WOW! And when it looked like either the Cardinals were going to take the trophy home or we'd go into overtime, Santonio Holmes (Superbowl MVP, btw) made a touchdown (the kind that was so close, it almost looked like he didn't make it) in the last 35 seconds of the game. GO STEELERS!


And what about Jennifer Hudson? I was excited to see that she was going to do the National Anthem and she didn't disappoint. Both her and her voice were gorgeous...as always. Not that I pay much attention to American Idol, but she's, by far, my fave of ALL of them. Her voice = powerful...and her story = a classic 'don't give up' story. I mean, she didn't win AI, but she did win. How many AI winners (or contestants for that matter) can say they have an Oscar, was asked by the future pres to sing @ the National Convention, and sang the National Anthem @ the Superbowl?


And, last but not least, my fave Superbowl commercials: (a) E-Trade Babies - funny in a kind of creepy way; (b) Bridgestone Mr. Potato Head; (c) Doritos Office Ball; (d) Coke remake of Mean Joe Green commercial - Polomalu happens to be one of my favorite players, so I'll like any commercial with him; and (e) Career Builder.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen, I think he did good for Superbowl. I didn't really know any of the songs, but, whatever. I was waiting on 'Born in the USA', though.

 

0 comments: