Pages

Inspirational Sunday

“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end…And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore, I will trust you always, though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.”
Thomas Merton



Rae’s Thought: Sometimes, following Jesus can get downright scary. I don’t always know where I’m going. I don’t know what I’ll encounter on the way. I can’t even see the road ahead of me. So many uncertainties while walking with the Lord.

One thing I can be certain of, though, is that He is right there with me, leading me where I need to go. It’s not in His plans for me to be harmed. He only wants what’s best for me. He wants to give me a future and hope (Jeremiah 29:11). And during the times I feel lost, all I have to do is call to Him and He’ll listen…seek Him and I will find Him (Jeremiah 29:12 – 13).

So, yeah, I don’t know where I’m going. I surely can’t see the road ahead of me, nor do I know where it will end. Am I scared? Nah. Am I anxious? Nope. Terrified? Not that either. Why not? I’ve got a Guide who knows all and sees all. I trust in His ability to lead me in the right direction. He’s led gazillions of people on their personal paths and haven’t lost one yet. Something tells me it’ll be that way for eternity.

If I focus on Him, those uncertainties won’t even matter. I don’t really want to know what’s ahead, anyway. To me, finding out what’s going to happen in my future is like finding out what’s going to happen at the end of a book or movie…before I even get a chance to read or watch it for the first time. Takes the excitement out of it.

I’m excited about my journey with Jesus. It won’t be boring, I’ll tell you that. I’m ready to buckle my seat belt, put my eyes on Him, and let Him take me on the wildest, most exciting ride of my life. Care to join?

 

0 comments: