Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

Rae's Thought: Ever tried to get an antsy child to keep still? Let me tell you, it's NOT an easy task. For whatever reason - whether it's ADHD or simply part of being a kid - they just can't seem to stay still. They may chill for a few seconds, but then they're right back to being antsy, moving around, getting into everything.

Isn't that like the children of God? Whether it's spiritual ADHD or simply a part of being human, we just can't seem to stay still. We may chill for a little bit, but then, we're right back to being antsy or worrisome. Sometimes, we're so busy with life and its struggles, that God has to take us by the hand and say, "Be still." Have you been there? Are you always on the move? Always busy? Always worrying?

I can tell you, being still is not always an easy task. You may sit, but your mind could be running a million miles a minute. Your mind is filled with mistakes you made yesterday, things you're going to do today, and worries about tomorrow. In Psalm 46:10, God is telling us to chill a bit. Recognize that He is God and let Him do what He does. Sometimes, we need to sit down, shut up, and listen. Listen for His voice. Relax in His presence. Let Him be God.

I so value my Jesus time, especially in the early morning. I meet with Jesus before I start my day as well as when I end it. Sometimes, my time is spent just sitting in silence and basking in His love. It's so awesome. When you're still and trust God to be God, oh the peace you will encounter! He fills you with such a wonderful sense of peace, you won't be able to explain it. Today, I invite you to be still and know that He is God!

 

0 comments: