Pages

Miscellaneous

A to Z Blog Challenge: I survived! It was a cool experience and I've met some new friends on the way. At first, I was hesitant about joining. I mean, I didn't find out about it until 2 days before. I figured it would be difficult. A few times, it was difficult, BUT I did it. And I'm glad I did.

Blog Schedule/Book Reviews/Writing: First of all, welcome to my new followers. Can't wait to dialogue with you. My normal blog schedule is:

Monday: Manificent Monday
Tuesday: Tickle-Me Tuesday
Wednesday: Writing Wednesday
Thursday: Random Thoughts Thursday
Sunday: Inspirational Sunday

This week, I'm only posting Manificent Monday (today's post is coming, I promise) and Tickle-Me Tuesday. My regularly scheduled posting will start back up Sunday. Honestly, I'm thinking about starting a blog strictly for book reviewing since I read SO MUCH. Until I think about it, I'll just post book reviews on Fridays and Saturdays. But I'm almost positive I'll start a book reviewing blog.

I am so behind on both reviews and reading! I've got about a gazillion reviews to write and books/ARCs to read. Not really a gazillion, but you get the idea. It sure does feel that way, tho. I've been focusing a big chunk of my time on job search (yes, I'm leaving the comfort of substitute teaching), that I haven't been focusing on writing and reading as much. But I plan to rectify that situation. This week is all about reading and writing. I'm concentrating on catching up on my reading, writing these reviews, and writing novel #2 that I've neglected. Boy, my main character is not happy with me. If I'm not careful, she'll start ignoring me as I've ignored her while looking for work. Then, I'll really be in trouble.

Netgalley: Speaking of reviews, if you love to review books, Netgalley is all kinds of awesome! It's where you can get e-galleys of books before they're published for free. I love it! There are some awesome books there.

Job Search: I still don't know what I'll be doing in the fall, but I'm not going to worry about it. I'll keep looking and doing what I need to do, but I won't be so caught up in it, that that's all I do. I trust God to do what He does and provide. I do have an opportunity to teach in Abu Dhabi (about 2 hour drive from Dubai). I made it to round 3 - I had an interview yesterday - and now I'm waiting to see if I made it to the final round.


Honestly, this will take me so far out of my comfort zone, but I'm ready. If I'm chosen to go, I'll go. If not, I'm cool with that, too. God has some awesomeness in store for me. I'm just waiting to see where He wants me to be. If I do go, I'll definitely be counting on the wonders of technology to keep me sane. I mean, I'll be on the other side of the world from all that I know and love. You can count on me blogging, tweeting, and facebooking. And I'll definitely be adding Skype to the list. Anyway, I'll find out some time this week. Eep!

 

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

What an adventure teaching in Abu Dhabi would be!!! Praying that if it's what God wants for you, everything will work out! Good Luck!

makinmartinezmemories.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That will be awesome ,Yvonne!. Thanks SO much. I really appreciate it.

Thomasina said...

Wow, Abu Dhabi. That's amazing girl! I love how you mentioned that you won't be consumed by your job searching because of your trust in our Lord and Savior. I'm still learning that trusting God isn't the same as trusting people.

Unknown said...

Believe me, Thomasina, I'm just learning. And I'm still learning. Trusting God takes that "blind faith"...I have no idea what He's doing, how He's doing it, or where He's taking me, but I trust that He'll be there every step of the way. I've asked Him to let the rest of my life here on earth be an adventure with Him...that He teaches me to trust Him completely and how to abandon myself to Him. He's doing exactly what I've asked. It's exhilarating!

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you get the job in Abu Dhabi!! That would be a great experience! There were times when I considered taking a job in the mid east, but didnt...joining the Peace Corps but didn't, studying abroad, and didn't and taking the opportunity to move to Australia and didn't. Regrets...all of them!! So now, I travel every chance I can...I trust that the $$ will work out. My next adventure will be late Oct-Nov as I will be going to India, Bhutan and Nepal.

Grab life by the horns with all the gusto you can, before it passes you by!

Sig

Unknown said...

Haha! Thanks Sig. I've let life pass me by when I was younger cos I was too scared to try stuff. Now, I'm determined to live life to the fullest!