Pages

Z is for Zumba

I have to admit, I had a hard time coming up with a "Z" word for this post. Then it hit me. DUH! I can talk about my new favorite way of exercise: Zumba. I absolutely LOVE Zumba! I take classes offered by my gym (24 Hour Fitness). Depending on the teacher, I get an awesome workout while having fun. I've said so many times before how I love to dance, so of course I'd like Zumba. My favorite teachers mix things up. We do Cumbia, Hip Hop, Belly Dancing, Salsa, Cha Cha Cha, Reggaeton, Dancehall, and Samba all in one class. By the end of the class (one hour), I'm sweating up a storm, breathing hard, and feeling good. I try to go 3 - 4 times a week.

I love when my teachers are extremely good dancers (as opposed to ok dancers). I have 3 favorite Zumba teachers and all 3 move soooo well. One of the teachers, a male, moves his hips better than most of the women in the class. When my teachers are awesome, it motivates me to do my best. Especially when I'm in the male teacher's class. I'm like, "I can't have a man beat me in hip-movement!"

If you've never tried Zumba before, I definitely recommend you try it! It's awesome. If you're worried about not being able to dance or not being able to keep up, don't be. I know in the classes I'm in, we have all levels - from advanced to beginners to I don't know wth I'm doing - in one class. You may be lost at first, but after a few tries you'll have a pretty good grasp of it. I'd say I'm somewhere in between beginner and advanced. And it's not only for women. There are men in the classes...especially in this one class. I think it's cos the instructor is a pretty woman with wild curly hair and a cool accent. I'm sure the men love her class. The way she moves her hips is CRAZY!! I so wanna move like her!

So, what are you waiting for? Let's go!

 

8 comments:

C R Ward said...

What a great choice to end to the A-Z Challenge! I've never heard of Zumba before but I'm definitely going to check it out. I love to dance and I need to lose weight - it's the perfect solution. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks CR! Zumba is AWESOME! And is the perfect solution. If you have a good teacher, your whole body gets a workout. You should definitely check it out.

Unknown said...

I've done Zumba classes at my gym to. It is SOOOOOO much fun. Even if you dont get all the steps, you can just make your own. The steps are that bad really. An its all about movement anyways. The music sure helps in making you want to move!!

And CONGRATS on finishing the A-Z!! I really love your blog and will continue reading! :)

Sig

Unknown said...

You're right, it is all in the movement. The instructors always say keep moving, even if you don't know the moves. And congrats to you, too. I'll definitely be visiting your blog!

Anonymous said...

I havent been to Zumba in a while but I do enjoy it - this has motivated me to think about going back!
And congrats on finishing the challenge!

C R Ward said...

Back again to let you know I have an award for you HERE

Unknown said...

I love your blog. It's so pretty. I am going to a zumba class tomorrow. Please stop by and visit my blog at latoshalove.blogspot.com. Thanks.

Keep on writing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting! @ ttofee, definitely go back to Zumba. It's awesome and fun. @ CR, thanks for the awards. @ LaTosha, thanks for the compliment. I'll be visiting your blog soon. And have fun @ Zumba!