Pages

J is for Jesus Loves Me!

Jesus loves me, this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak, but He is strong.

If you grow up in a Christian household, chances are you've heard of Jesus Loves Me. You probably sang your little heart out, too. It's a simple song, yet it speaks volumes. Jesus really does love me. Isn't that awesome?

I believe in Jesus. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that before the world began, He was. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. I believe that He rose on the 3rd day, with all power in His nail-scarred hands. I believe that one day, when we least expect it, Jesus will come back again for those who love Him. I believe that just like the song says, He loves me, and because of that love and my belief in Him, I'll spend eternity with Him and the Father in Heaven. I believe Jesus is the one and only way to God (John 14:6). I believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe that the Bible is God's Word and that, although it was written by men, it was inspired by God, who told the men what to write.

SIDENOTE: The Bible tells us that no one knows when Jesus is coming back. Not even Jesus himself (Matthew 24:36). So what makes people think they have the exact date locked? If Jesus doesn't know when God will send Him back, it's arrogant of people to think they know. What, are you better than Jesus? Do you have a closer relationship to the Father than Him? I. Think. Not.

I believe these things with all of my heart and there's nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind. I grew up in a Christian household, going to church, participating in ministries, singing in the choir, etc. As a kid, God was the God of my parents. I was 17 when I truly experienced Him. Then, He became my God. I will speak of my faith from time to time on this blog...especially on my Inspirational Sundays. I will not apologize for being a Christian. I will not keep quiet about how good God has been to me. People may look at me like I'm crazy for worshipping a Being that I can't see...or for believing in something as "ludicrous" as a resurrected man/Son of God. I don't mind. God is worth my attention, my love, my ALL, and so much more.

In a day and age where so many people are moving to New Age philosophies or the belief that all roads lead to God or that being a Christian is so "uncool", I choose to stick with an ancient belief: that God is the one true God and that Jesus is His Son. Guess I'm a rebel of some sort. And you know what? I'm so cool with that.

It upsets me when other Christians do ungodly things (like spread hate) in the name of God. Please know that that's not what being a child of God is about. They are just a minority and they do not represent who we really are. I can't do much about those who spread hate. All I can do is continue living my life the way God wants me to and pray that people can see Him when they look at me.

So, yeah. I'm a Christian...a believer in Jesus as the Son of God...a princess (my Father is the King of Kings, btw)...a co-heir with Jesus...I am a child of God. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your post! I posted about Jesus also a little different then yours but all about him either way.

none said...

Great post, Rae! I agree that Christians shouldn't apologize or keep quiet about their faith. And knowing that Jesus loves me is the deepest consolation for me :)

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed.

Thomasina said...

As I read your post all I could do was think, Hallelujah! Someone else who isn't ashamed of being a child of God. I'm not ashamed to say that I am also a saved, Christian woman who loves God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy Ghost! And as for me AND my house, we will serve the Lord. Thanks for your prayers today, they mean a lot to me!

Unknown said...

Amen! You're so welcome. I hope you're feeling better.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Your passion is wonderful. Keep it up Rae:)

Unknown said...

Rae,

You should never apologize for what you believe in. By the same token, one shouldl never critiicize others for what they believe in, no matter how different from their beliefs.

Funny how all religions feel they are the ONLY correct one, and all have similar justifications.

I find religion endlessly fascinating.

Sig

Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsay and Sig! Sig, my faith is so much more than religion. It's a way of life.