Pages

A is for Autotune


I've decided to jump in and join the April A to Z blogging challenge. Basically, the challenge is to blog for 26 days in April (excluding Sundays). Each day is dedicated to a letter of the alphabet. Interested? You can find out more here. I'm joining in late (most bloggers signed up before today). Better late than never, I guess. For this challenge, I'm forgoing my regular blog schedule. This blog challenge is going to be exactly that...a challenge, but hey. I'm up for it. So, here it goes. A is for...

AUTO TUNE

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a Disney fan. Yes, I'm almost 35 and I still like to watch shows like Suite Life on Deck, Wizards of Waverly Place, or Good Luck Charlie. It's the kid in me, what can I say? Plus, I have dreams of one day creating a Disney show. So, yeah. I watch Disney.

One thing I've noticed is all of the songs are now auto tuned. It's like it's a requirement of Disney stars...in order to sing on Disney, you must have your voice auto tuned. It's quite annoying. Some of the songs are pretty good songs, but you can never tell if the singer can actually sing. It would suck if you went to hear them sing live and they end up being bad singers. And it's not just Disney. The music industry is also auto tuning songs now, too. Am I the only one who'd like to hear a song every once in a while without auto tune? Maybe it's just me...

 

7 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

I guess you could listen to Neil Young or Bob Dylan. With that autotune stuff I guess we could all be singing stars.


Contrary to my usual practice of subscribing to comments, to save time during challenge I will not be doing so during April. If you want to respond to my comment , please email me directly from your email notification for the comment.
Thanks.

Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

http://www.samposey.com/ said...

I'm in the challange too! One day down, twenty-five to go. Nice meeting you, Rae.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting, guys! Nice meeting you too, Shellie!

B's Mom said...

I've noticed the same thing! It drives me insane! What happened to actual talent?

Unknown said...

I know right? Even the ones who can sing is auto-tuned. smh

Spenc said...

It's all about the looks now, because talent doesn't matter. I also admit to watching Wizards of Waverly Place.

Unknown said...

I agree, Spenc! It's definitely about the looks. And I watch Wizards too. I still like Disney, it's just that I wish we had REAL singers.