Pages

I is for Iron Queen

Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre: Young Adult, Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal
Release: February, 2011
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 4/5

Description: My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.


Review: Julie Kagawa does it again. I tell you, I have enjoyed this series. For those who don't know (where have you been), this is book #3 in the Iron Fey series. Book #1 is The Iron King and book #2 is The Iron Daughter.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
  • It was slow at times, especially at the beginning.

  • I have to wait for book #4, The Iron Knight.

WHAT I DID LIKE
  • Meghan's growth. In my review for The Iron Daughter, I mention how I found her to be whiny at times. I'm glad to say she's matured considerably. She's more confident in her abilities. She's deeply in love with Ash, but not to where she can't let him go. And man is she kick ass in this book! I like Meghan more now than in the previous 2 books. Seriously.

  • I like Ash's growth. We saw more emotion in this book. While I'm still Team Puck, I actually like Ash's and Meghan's relationship here.

  • Puck is able to let Meghan go. He still loves Meghan and would rather she be with him, but he didn't let the fact that she chose Ash stop him from fighting with them. A lesser man would've left them to fight on their own, but not Puck. Can Puck please have his own book? PLEASE? It would be so awesome if he found love. *sigh*

  • Oh, the action! Like I've said before, I'm an action junkie. Give me a book or a movie that pumps up the adrenaline and I'm a happy woman! The fight scenes here...I could so imagine them on the big screen.

  • Ms. Kagawa's world building. Her descriptions are awesome.

  • The book pulled my emotions, especially towards the end. I felt Meghan's emotions.

  • The ending. Whoa boy that ending. I did NOT expect it, but boy did I love it.


The Iron Queen is awesome. Point blank. I'm so looking forward to see what Ash is going to do in The Iron Knight. I. Can't. Wait.

 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! Thanks Deirdra!

Thomasina said...

Sounds like a great series, and congrats on your award!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Thomasina! And it is a great series.

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations on your award, Rae! And I'm glad to learn about this series, I hadn't heard of it before.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Julie! If you're a fan of teen books and fantasy/paranormal books, this is a good series.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks for your informative review. I was considering reading this, and now I'm encouraged!

Unknown said...

@ Marsha, It's a good series!