Pages

B is for BOOKS!


How do I love books! Let me count the ways! My love affair with books began at a very young age...about 3 or 4 years old. Side Note: I started early, thanks to my parents. By the time I was 2, I knew my ABCs and 123s. Anywho, I've been in love with books ever since. Growing up, I always preferred staying in my room, reading and writing, to going outside to play. In fact, the few times I did get in trouble, my punishment was to go outside and play, instead of stay inside. And boy did it hurt! I BEGGED my parents not to make me go outside. LOL! I remember one time, my parents decided to do a family health thing, so we went to the walking trail by our house. My parents walked hand in hand, my little brother and sister did the obstacle courses while walking, and there I was...walking while reading. Seriously. I kept the book in front of my face and walked. I'm surprised I didn't injure myself. In high school, I spent most of my lunches in the library, where I read every book by an African American author (this is where I was introduced to Maya Angelou, one of my fave authors).

My love for books have not diminished. I still prefer reading to going out. I still carry books with me. I, since I actually like working out now, I don't read at the same time. Reading more than one book at a time is normal for me. In fact, I'm reading 4 books, and 4 ARCs at this time. I know, crazy, right? Only someone who's as obsessed with books as I am would understand. I. HEART. books.

This is what I'm reading now...

BOOKS



ARCs

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone after my own heart! Saturday mornings were my favourite as dad would take me to the library! And I always had a book in my pocket/bag for reading anywhere including walking! Sadly not as much time for reading now with two kiddies but I do still do my best :)
Good luck with the challenge.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Same to you. I don't have kids yet, but sometimes it's real life - church, work - that keeps me from reading as much.

Racquel Henry said...

I'm with ya! I spent many Saturdays with my mother and sister at Barnes and Noble! I have an extreme obsession with books. I don't even loan mine out! :)

Racquel Henry said...

I'm with ya! I remember spending many Saturdays with my mother and sister at Barnes and Noble! I am NEVER without a book. I don't even loan mine out lol. :)

Unknown said...

LOL! I don't like loaning mine out, either. I'm in heaven when I go to Barnes and Noble!

Margie said...

I was like that in school, too. I'd check out two books (the limit) in our junior high library during lunch and return them the next day to get two more. I read like a fiend.

When my girls were little, I'd tell them "If you're good, we'll go to the bookstore." when we went to the mall. They'd always be good, they'd always get a book reward, and they love to read and bookstores are still one of their favorite destinations.

Unknown said...

@ Margie, It's cool that books as a reward worked. Some kids today, if you use books as a reward, they'd probably just laugh.