Pages

N is for Never Wave My Flag

Life can get so hard, sometimes.

Seriously.It's sunny days and tranquility one day, then thunderstorms and chaos the next. On those sunny, tranquil days, life is good. Everything's going your way. You're happy. All's well in your world. Oh, but those stormy, chaotic days. Sometimes you feel like you're in a pit. Sometimes you're drowning. Life is bad. All's definitely not well in your world.

I've so been there. Felt weary...out of energy...asked when will I see the light at the end of the tunnel...the silver lining in the cloud. But there is something within me that keeps me from giving up...from saying forget it. Some call it "will power." I call it "God power." Because of the Holy Spirit within me, I can't give up. Surrendering is just not in me. I may come out of a situation beaten and bruised, but I will come out.

The gospel group, Mary Mary - one of my favorite artists - has a song on their new album called "Never Wave My Flag" that's so awesome. It has a never-give-up vibe to it...a great song that gets your body moving, dancing for God. Let me tell you, their whole album, Something Big, is AWESOME! This song is on it. They don't have an official video, but I'm posting the song on it, so you can hear it.

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13). Yeah, life gets hard, so hard sometimes I don't think I can bear it. But I can. And I keep fighting.

 

4 comments:

NiaRaie said...

That song sounds like a good (fast) praise dance song! Also, I agree, it does get hard and you get weary sometimes, but we can't give up right? That's why I'm glad you have that Spanish WOD on your sidebar, b/c really I need to finally become fluent in that language. Good post!

Unknown said...

Thanks Nia! I'm trying to become fluent in Spanish, too. I understand it, but I'm having a hard time speaking it. My sister is fluent, so she's helping me. Good luck!

Thomasina said...

I love MaryMary! What an encouraging post.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Thomasina! Mary Mary is awesome, aren't they?