Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"Now, begin the work and the Lord be with you."
1 Chronicles 22:16

Rae's Thought: I wonder what went through Moses' mind when God called him to lead the Israelites? Maybe he thought things like, There's been a mistake, or Who me? You've got to be kidding. Whether his thoughts were, Moses's words and actions prove that he questioned whether or not God had made the right choice. According to the Bible, Moses asked god, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt" (Exodus 3:11).

Truthfully, that's where I'm at right now. Surely, you don't mean me, Lord? Why me? I'm too shy. I don't have enough experience. It's too far out of my comfort zone. I've come up with excuse after excuse for why I'm not the right person. After I'd come up with excuse after excuse, God told me two important things:


  • If He's called me, He has already equipped me to do it. "He handed out gifts above and below, filled heaven with his gifts, filled earth with his gifts. He handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-teacher to train Christ's followers in skilled servant work, working within Christ's body, the church..." (Ephesians 4:11-13)

  • He will not leave me alone. He'll be with me the whole way. "I'll be whatever you need Me to be as you carry out my assignment...if you are afraid, I'll be your strength" (Henry T. Blackaby and Richard Blackaby, Experiencing God Day by Day).

Do you feel like God is calling you to do something you feel is impossible? Do you feel like there's been a mistake? May the words above give you the same comfort it has given me: (a) If God has given you a mission, know that He's already equipped you to complete it and (b) He will definitely not leave you alone. You may not feel that you're ready, but God does, and really, which one knows best? "God provides what we need. Now, we need to get busy" (Beth Moore).

 

0 comments: