Pages

Wannabe Writers #21

Wannabe Writers is a writing group for the un-published started by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-published. It's a place where future authors can ask questions, share stories, and get feedback. Interested in joining? Click here to find more about how it works.

Where I am in the writing process: Same place as last week. Nothing new has happened yet, but I'm waiting patiently.

My current problems: This past week, I've been busy! I started work at my church's summer camp AND we had Adventure Week (another name for Vacation Bible School). This means I was at church from 9:30 am to bout 9:30 pm or longer. I had no energy for anything! Needless to say, I'm a little behind on my writing.

This week's question: Do you carry a writing journal around? Do you believe jotting down the ideas as they come is the best way? I mean if I don't get it all out now will it be lost forever?

My answer: I definitely carry a notebook around. I may not lose the idea forever, but I may forget important details. Actually, since I take my Blackberry with me everywhere I go, I use that. Plus, it's easier and faster to type when it's the middle of the night and I don't feel like getting up to get a pen. Sometimes, ideas hit me in the weirdest places. When they come, I definitely need to be ready!

 

4 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

You have had a busy week! Ideas strike me in the darnest places as well. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Thanks! You too.

Margo Berendsen said...

Joining this week's Wannabe Writers a little late and just now getting around to visiting everyone. VBS is great and you are awesome to devote SO MUCH TIME! WOW!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Margo!