Pages

Wannabe Writers #20

Wannabe Writers is a writing group for the un-published started by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-published. It's a place where future authors can ask questions, share stories, and get feedback. Interested in joining? Click here to find more about how it works.

Where I am in the writing process: Still revamping both novels #1 and novels #2.

My current problems: Hmm...not so sure right now. I did have a problem with getting started again, but I've started. It's a slow start, but at least it's a start.

This week's question: This week's question comes from Swimmer at Books, Writing, and More, Oh My! . She asked about writer jealousy. Anybody else currently experiencing it? How do you deal with it?

My Answer: I used to experience it...wondering what they have that I don't. I know I'm a good writer. Now, not so much. I realize what they have is the guts to keep going, even when they've been rejected a number of times. I do write for the love of it, but I also would LOVE to become a published author. I know my time will come. I just have to be patient and have the guts to keep going. Every time I hear about a sale or about someone landing an agent, it only shows me that it's possible. Until God tells me it's not meant for me to become published - and I don't think that'll be the case - I'll keep trying. When I hold my baby in my hands for the first time, I know it will be oh so worth it!

What about you? What's up in your writing world?

 

6 comments:

Swimmer said...

I'm waiting for that day of being published too!!

Miranda Hardy said...

I am with you in that when it is meant to be, it will be. I know I am a writer and that is what is important. Now, letting others know that is an entirely different thing.

Have a great week writing!

Amanda said...

That's a wonderful attitude to have!

Unknown said...

@ Swimmer, Sending blessings your way! When your time comes, don't forget to let us know so we can celebrate with you, lol!

@ J, LOL! Yeah, I tell people I'm a writer, and they automatically assume I've been published. Sending blessings your way. You have a great writing week, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks Amanda!

Bookish in a Box said...

That's a great attitude; hearing about others being successful means it possible for us too! I forget that sometimes, so thanks for the reminder. :-)