Pages

Inspirational Sunday

*NOTE: Every Sunday, on my Myspace blog, I post what I call the Inspiration of the Week (IOW). I take a quote I like and write my own words of inspiration for it. For today's post, I'm using this week's IOW.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
Barack Obama

Rae’s Thought: On January 20th, Barack Obama will be sworn in as America’s 44th president. Five days after what would’ve been Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s 80th Birthday, America will officially receive her 1st black president. President Obama saw that this wonderful country was in major need of a change. Instead of sitting back and complaining, he got up and did something about it. Instead of waiting for someone else to make a change, he decided he was going to make the change. Unfortunately, many people are leaving America’s “makeover” to Obama or anyone else in leadership. The truth is it’s not only up to Barack Obama to make things better…it’s up to all of us. You want to know who’s responsible for America’s change? Look in the mirror. You are.

What I love about Obama’s story is that, in spite of encountering resistance, he kept going. He pressed on even when times got rough. His unwavering determination has paid off. Not everyone likes change. Once you’ve decided to go for it, you may experience trouble. In fact, there isn’t a maybe about it: you will experience trouble. We can take inspiration from our 44th president and others who are fighting in spite of opposition. Keep going. Think about it: if MLK and other civil rights leaders gave up, what state would our country be in? If Jesus decided the pain was too great to bear, what state would the children of God be in? They kept going and so should we.

This country will not experience a transformation of its citizens won’t get up and make that change. See something wrong with our education system? Do something about it. Think our justice system needs work? Do something about it. If you find something wrong with the way things are happening, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I want this country – this world – to be a better place for our children and youth to live in, so, I’ve made a vow to go forth and make a change. I know I’ll encounter people who may dislike me for the stand I take on behalf of the kids, but, you know what? I’ve got God on my side. If God is with me, who in the world (or anywhere else for that matter) can be against me? Absolutely no one and nothing. It all starts with us. So, what are you going to do to make a change?

 

0 comments: