Pages

Random Thoughts Thursday

Presidential Inauguration. I would’ve liked to have been able to attend this. To be able to say I was there when history was made as America’s first black pres – I know he’s biracial, but in most people eyes, when they look at Barack Obama, they see a black man – is sworn in. That would’ve been so awesome, but, alas, it was not meant to be. I really hope and pray he is the change America really needs. I’m not naïve enough to believe that he’ll be able to turn this country around in 4 years nor do I believe that he is our savior. My trust is in God and God alone. I prayed (as I’m sure many people did) that God would put the right man in office…whether it was the man I voted for or not. I think I’ve said this before, but I absolutely love how much of a family man he is. I like seeing pics & reading stories of his and First Lady, Michelle’s, relationship, and the relationship between him and his daughters. Personally, I think they’d make a cool First family. So, I’m looking forward to seeing what Obama has to offer this country in the next 4 (maybe 8) years.Rae’s List. So last year, I came up with a list of things I’d like to do (or try to do) by my 35th birthday, which, now that 2009 is here, will be in 2 years (September): http://raeweakly.blogspot.com/2008/10/raes-list.html. I haven’t really crossed off much, yet, but the fun is all in the trying, right? So, there were about 60 things on my list. So far, I’ve crossed off 2 and will cross off 8 (so far) this year.

I’ve crossed off: (a) Wear shorts in public – not as bad as I thought; and (b) Spend a whole day doing absolutely nothing (take a me-day) – I’ve actually taken more than one of these and I absolutely love it!

Ones that will be crossed off: (a) Become Dr. Rae Weakly, EdD – hopefully by the end of this year; (b) Learn Spanish - be able to hold conversation with native speakers & my sister – still learning, but getting better; (c) Travel to other countries/cities/states - Puerto Rico – in December; (d) Learn to Salsa – I go dancing with my sister & take classes; (e) Get 3rd tattoo – I think by my 33rd b-day; (f) Comfortably wear a swimsuit without cover – working on that; (g) Participate in a walkathon – I’ll be doing this in October, hopefully; (h) Buy first house – will be moving in home by March 1st…leasing w/option to buy…will buy by the end of this year.


I may have more. When we go to Puerto Rico in December, depending on how much dinero we have, we'll jet ski, para sail...all that kind of stuff. We may even stay at a hotel on the beach. So, I'm making progress. Ten ain't so bad, right?

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice shot!

Anonymous said...

I think you've already crossed more off your list than most people do in a lifetime.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Amy, I didn't think of it that way. :)