Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"I lift my eyes to you..."
Psalm 123:1

Rae's Thought: Have you ever been anxious or worried about something? A few weeks ago, I'd been anxious about a financial issue. I spent a week worried about where the money would come from. One whole week, gone and wasted because I was worried. I had a "to do" list that I didn't even complete because I couldn't focus on anything but my financial woes. Needless to say, I was extra hard on myself for wasting a week.

Then, I realized I was stuck....kinda like being stuck in quicksand - the more you struggle, the more you sink, right? Well, the more I thought about my finances and my wasted week, the more I sunk. When I came to that realization, I asked God for forgiveness (my focus was on the wrong thing) and vowed to move on. If God was gonna bless me with another week, I didn't want to start it off with negativity (beating myself up over past mistakes) and anxiety.

As a teacher/tutor, my heart smiles when a kid finally gets a concept I'd been trying to teach them. This is how I believe God felt after I'd finally gotten it and asked for forgiveness. You see, He doesn't want me to stay stuck on "coulda, shoulda, woulda." He wants me focused on Him and moving forward. If I lift my eyes to Him - and keep them there - everything else will be taken care of. asking for forgiveness, vowing not be anxious, and refocusing on God was the lifeline I needed to get outta that quicksand.

Thank God for being a God of forgiveness and second (and third, fourth, fifth, etc) chances! If your focus has been off because of struggles you're having, ask God to forgive you, and then refocus your attention on God. It's only when our eyes are lifted to God that we can move forward and live the abundant life He's called us to live!

 

0 comments: