Pages

Wannabe Writers #35

Wannabe Writers is a writing group for the un-published started by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-published. It's a place where future authors can ask questions, share stories, and get feedback. Interested in joining? Click here to find more about how it works.

Where I am in the writing process: Writing novel #2, Who's Got Tha Moves. I'd originally planned on plotting novel #3, Harmonie's Song, but I'm heeding to the call of novel #1, tentatively titled, The Incredibly Rocky Life of Zachary Barnes. It's been put away for about a year now, so I think that's more than enough time to come back to it. So, I'm writing Who's Got Tha Moves and revising TIRLZB.

My Current Problem(s): Oh how I long for the day I can afford to write full time...or at least have my own business so my schedule can be flexible. Right now, as a substitute teacher, I have the flexibility I desire, but not the finances. My sis and I are going the entrepreneur route, it'll be another year or two (or three) before we can leave our jobs to focus full time. I don't know. Sometimes, after work, I'm too tired to write. I have all these ideas in my head, and would love to write them out. Alas, since I can't afford to write full time yet, I'll settle for writing during the snatches of time I can get. I think if I can take a week-long retreat some time, I'll be good.

My Question this week: Am I the only writer who dreams of writing full time? Does anyone know of some relaxing, affordable writing retreats I can take? Or even ideal places for a writer to get away from the hustle and bustle of life just to write?

 

4 comments:

sarah darlington said...

Oh, I dream of it too. I'm a teacher's aide and I know what you mean. I get home from work and have to make dinner and by the time I'm settled I'm too tired to think. But over the summer life's great. No work and so all I have to do it write. Although, I still tend to put it off. But I did write much more then.

Unknown said...

It's funny cos I tend to write more during the school year. I'd think the summer would be easier for me, but nope.

Miranda Hardy said...

I dream of writing full-time, too. I am a substitute as well because of the flexability. If you find an inexpensive retreat, let me know. I'll be there with you!

Unknown said...

Will do, lol! I'm definitely looking for one. I need to get away.