Pages

Random Thoughts Thursday

Quran Burning. So, Pastor Terry Jones has decided not to burn the Quran, because the Ground Zero mosque will be moved (a fact that the group building the mosque denies). I'm wondering if he's reveling in the attention he's gotten from the media. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt he would've burned the Quran. I just think the media attention didn't make things any better. Now that I think about it, does it (media attention) ever make things better when something negative is showcased? I really think part of this is for attention...and he got just what he wanted. I will be surprised if his church membership doesn't increase after this. smh

And what about him representing all of Christianity? Um....no! I'm a Christian (very faithful and active in my church; in love with God) and I do NOT agree with the burning of the Quran. Do I agree with the Muslim faith? No. But do I believe I have the right to judge Muslims and go about burning the Quran? No. As Christians, our job is to tell people about Jesus and let them make the choice. Whether they choose Jesus or not, we're supposed to love them anyway. How is burning the Quran spreading the love of God? Yes, people around the world probably burn Bibles everyday, but two wrongs don't make a right.

And blaming the whole entire Muslim faith cos of the 9/11 attacks is pure insanity. So, I guess that means African Americans can blame the whole entire white race cos of slavery and the injustice our ancestors suffered, right? Or Jews can blame everyone of German decent because of the Holocaust. Maybe everyone of Native American descent can blame anyone of European descent cos of Christopher Columbus and others following him took their land away. Am I the only one seeing the silliness of this?

Willow Smith. I have mixed feelings about Willow Smith signing on to Jay Z's label. I'm hoping and praying she doesn't grow up too fast. She's only 9. I'm a firm believer in letting kids be kids. On the other hand, I'm kinda feeling her song. I love the beat. It's a great dance song (and I love dancing). Plus, if this is really her singing, she has a nice voice...very Rihanna like. I'd have to hear her live to make sure auto tune didn't doctor her voice up. Judge for yourself.

 

0 comments: