Pages

Inspirational Sunday

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light..."
Ephesians 5:8

Rae's Thought: Sometimes, God talks to me in some of the weirdest ways. I love when He does that, though. It comes unexpected. This week's inspiration came to me during one of my walks in the park. At one point in my walk, I looked around me and saw that, in the midst of all the dead grass in the park, lay several small patches of lush, green grass. The withered, brown grass had the green grass surrounded, but it didn't take away from the beauty. In fact, it was the green grass that really caught my attention, despite the fact that there wasn't much of it.

"This," God told me, "is exactly how my children should be." Ephesians 5:8 immediately came to mind. We are told to walk as children of light. Oftentimes, Christians let the world influence them instead of the other way around. If people can't tell us apart from the nonbelievers, we are not doing our jobs...what God has called us to do. We are not living or walking as children of light. In Romans 12:2, we are told not to conform any longer to the pattern of this world. There should be a noticeable difference between the children of God and everyone else.

The children of God (lush, green grass) are surrounded by those who do not believe (withered, brown grass) everyday. The question is, are we letting dead grass take away from the beauty of lush, green grass or are we the ones making the world beautiful? Are you, as children of light, letting your light shine so bright that, in spite of being surrounded by darkness, it is you that draws attention? If you're the only child of God in the midst of a crowd of nonbelievers, would people be able to tell you apart, or are you a carbon copy of everyone around you?

 

0 comments: