Author: Fran Manushkin
Genre: Picture Book, Fiction, Children's Book
Release: February, 2012
Description: Becoming a big sister is an exciting time full of smiles, smells, hugs, and kisses. For ages 2-5.
Bringing a new baby into the home is a time of wonder and challenges. Author Fran Manushkin celebrates this special time with tales that emphasize that there is plenty of love for everyone, baby and all.
WHAT I LIKED
- The sentences were short and sweet...perfect for children since they're attention span lasts a short while.
- This book can help children appreciate and understand the role of a big brother or big sister. Children who aren't sure or too happy about the new baby can understand that they can become helpers for mommy and daddy. The book also gives it an "I'm the boss" feel to it.
- The illustrations are colorful and pleasing to the eye.
- It explains the joy of being the older sibling. Doesn't make it out to be such a bad thing.
- This book shows that just because there's a new baby, doesn't mean parents love you any less.
This was a cute book, not only for older siblings, but for younger siblings also. There's also a Big Brothers are the Best version too!