Pages

B is for...Big Sisters are the Best


Author: Fran Manushkin
Genre: Picture Book, Fiction, Children's Book
Release: February, 2012
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 5/5


DescriptionBecoming a big sister is an exciting time full of smiles, smells, hugs, and kisses. For ages 2-5.

Bringing a new baby into the home is a time of wonder and challenges. Author Fran Manushkin celebrates this special time with tales that emphasize that there is plenty of love for everyone, baby and all
.


Review:  

WHAT I LIKED
  • The sentences were short and sweet...perfect for children since they're attention span lasts a short while.
  • This book can help children appreciate and understand the role of a big brother or big sister. Children who aren't sure or too happy about the new baby can understand that they can become helpers for mommy and daddy. The book also gives it an "I'm the boss" feel to it.
  • The illustrations are colorful and pleasing to the eye.
  • It explains the joy of being the older sibling. Doesn't make it out to be such a bad thing.
  • This book shows that just because there's a new baby, doesn't mean parents love you any less.


This was a cute book, not only for older siblings, but for younger siblings also. There's also a Big Brothers are the Best version too!

 

7 comments:

Christie Wright Wild said...

Hi! Found you on the A to Z challenge. I'm #539. I love your blog title; it's so cool! I like that the book has a big brother version. Thanks for sharing. I blog about picture books on my blog.

smug princess said...

Looks like a cute book. =]

Visiting via A-Z challenge.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting! Welcome to my humble blog. :D

baygirl32 said...

neice got this book when her little brother was born, its cute


Happy A to Z
baygirl32.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It is a cute book! Perfect for new big bro/sis!

Donna Smith said...

Well, I was a big sister. I'm not sure I was the best, but I wasn't too bad.
This looks like a cute book for helping kids make adjustments.

Unknown said...

Donna, I'm a big sis, too. Spoiled my brother and sister (which may not have been the best thing, lol) and treated them like they were mine. :D