Pages

G is for...Good Music

I like listening to all kinds of music. Pop, R & B, Hip Hop, Spanish, Classical, Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Neosoul, old school, new school...the list goes on. My iPod has a mixture of music; from Jay Z to Taylor Swift...From Celia Cruz to Daughtry. If the song has a cool beat and gets my body moving, chances are I'll like it. This becomes hard sometimes when I listen to the lyrics. The beat is tight, the rhythm gets me moving, but the lyrics are all wrong. The lyrics may be too profane or just plain cheesy (like most of the Disney songs). Most of the time, I can ignore the lyrics and just feel the beat. Sometimes, I can not. I've been known to get the edited version instead of the explicit one.


Looking for good music? Music with both tight beats AND awesome lyrics? I have a close friend of the family, Lee-Lonn, who's starting his journey in the music business. I remember when Lee was a youth, he used to always sing. We always knew his voice was amazing. I'm so glad he's using the gift God has given him. When his cd comes out (not sure when, but it WILL happen), I'll definitely be one of the first in line. Here's a video of one of his singles, my favorite song of his so far. It's all him...background & lead vocals. VERY talented artist whom I'm very proud of. LOVE this song! 

 

12 comments:

Joyce Johnson said...

Swinging through on the my a to z challenge tour! Love music, makes everything better! Thanks d=for a lovely post.

http://thewritejoyce.blogspot.com

J.L. Campbell said...

Nice sound. And there's no music, if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty cool!

Bethe77 said...

I love music myself. I listen to must genera. Great beat this music has. Very up lifting. I like it!
Blessings

Pa Ul said...

Everyone needs music to listen to and relax.
Do check out my G at GAC a-z

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting! J.L. you're right. No music, all him. Remember his name! :D

Sharkbytes said...

I can't seem to work with music on. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs this month.

Angela Brown said...

Music is more than just the spice of life. It's the soundtrack. And I can understand what your talking about when it comes to finding music that has that right composition with the perfect lyrics to match. This video you shared definitely sounds like one with the right combination. Thank you so much for sharing and best of luck as this young man's career takes off.

New follower from the A to Z Blogging Challenge.

Angela B.
http://publishness.blogspot.com/

nutschell said...

Good music certainly helps me get in the writing mood;)

Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Jolie du Pre said...

Listening to Drake at the moment. Love "Take Care."

Amanda Trought said...

Rae, he definitely does have a lot of talent, amanda

Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog

Think Positive, Be Positive said...

Hi...I'm hopping over from the A to Z challenge. Lovely blog...good luck with the challenge!

Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you all for commenting! Welcome to any new followers. And listening to music helps me when I'm writing, especially when I hear songs that my characters would listen to. :D