Pages

P is for...Pepsi-holics Anonymous


Um. Hello.

My name is Rae and I'm a Pepsi-holic.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't all about Pepsi. It seems as if I've always been addicted. But if I had to choose a time my addiction worsened, I'd say in adulthood.

It started out with just a can here or there. 



Then I upgraded to 20oz bottles.

Then I discovered one liters.


I got to the point where I had to have a Pepsi everyday. I couldn't function without the burn of the yummylicious carbonated drink. I've discovered that, instead of being an emotional eater, I'm an emotional drinker (of Pepsi...not alcohol). Stressed? Drink Pepsi. Had a bad day? Pepsi makes it all better. Celebrating? Have a can of Pepsi.

I thought moving to another country would help me. Perhaps the UAE would be more into Coke, a drink I can't really stand. I was so wrong. They're into Pepsi. In fact, there's a Pepsi factory two minutes away. TWO MINUTES.

I know Pepsi is bad for me, but it's soooooo good! All other pops - or sodas, as some of you say - pale in comparison.

In my defense, though, Pepsi-holism runs in the family. My great great grandmother, great grandmother, grandmother, and mother were and are Pepsi drinkers. See? It's hereditary. So, really it's not my fault. I was doomed from the start.

So, is there a cure? Will I ever get over my addiction? I sure hope so. I've actually gotten better. I don't drink it as much as I used to. Of course, this tall, glass of Pepsi I have in my hand right now may say differently. But it's the thought that counts, right?

 

8 comments:

smug princess said...

I like Coke. =]

Pam Harris said...

I'm definitely more of a Pepsi than a Coke girl. :)

Unknown said...

i'm more of a mtn. dew fan...hey, that's a pepsi product! :D

Denise Covey said...

Hi Rae. Hate the stuff, but we all have our addictions. Mine is coffee. Must have it.

Denise

Angela Brown said...

I...um...yeah, I sometimes refer to "crack" at my blog. This is not that stuff purchased from Pookie off the street. This is a dark, liquid, yummy addiction I yo-yo back and forth with.

Wild Cherry Pepsi.

I admit it. I'm addicted.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting! I'm not crazy about Coke & I don't drink coffee (tho coffee smells so good sometimes).

My dad is all about Mountain Dew, Stephanie.

Angela, that's my brother's addiction. Lol.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Aw, you're so cute! I don't like soft drinks, but if I had to choose, it would be sprite. I love juice!


Elizabeth
A to Z co-host

Unknown said...

Lol! Thanks Elizabeth. :D